MCFC Mad
28 March 2024, 18:01:29
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Where will we end up?

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Where will we end up?  (Read 1240 times)
bobbard98

« on: 15 January 2008, 14:22:20 »

I did some research and got some figures from previous seasons. I know that whatever happens in the future cannot be determined by math equations, but for fun (and maybe some reassurance), I decided to post the results. At this point in the calendar in the three seasons we qualified for Europe through the league we had 13, 9 and 14 wins (in 72, 76 and 78 respectively). Keep in mind that 3 games more were played at that in ‘72 and ‘78 so we are pretty much on course to end in Europe places.
We currently have 42% of our games left to play this season, a figure we also had left at this point in the 03/04, 04/05 and 05/06 season. After this point in 03/04 we got 44% of our points for that season and 46% in 04/05 (which if put onto this seasons current tally would see us end on 72pts, not to shabby!) However in 05/06 we only got 28% of our total points in the final period, would have us end with 54pts. That would probably give us a 9th position and obviously out of European place.
I prefer to for arguments sake to think we will get 42% of our points in the run in. That would give us 67 pts and very much in UEFA cup position and maybe even Champions League. I suddenly feel like John Snow now, but anyway that equates to us getting 28pts in our remaining 16 games. So I did more looking and this is what I can see happening in the run in, WINS (Cool West H (H), Wigan (H), Spurs (H), Brum (A), Sunderland (A), Portsmouth (H), Fulham (H), Boro (A). DRAWS (4) Derby (A), Everton (H), Reading (A) and Chelsea (H).
Now this is all for fun and like I said things can happen in football that are unexpected, its why we watch every week but I would be interested in your comments and opinions (other than I need to get out more, I know it and I am trying)
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pete
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: 15 January 2008, 17:30:32 »

i see youve done your research but to be honest i think no higher than 7th
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
MySMF - Create your own Forum